Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bribery, always tastes sweetest.

Especially when what you're bribing people with comes stuffed and laced with sugar.

Behold, the Kueh Salat

.


It's made out of precious coconut milk (okay, maybe not so precious), rice, and a load of sugar. It's my third try, and I figured I ought to offer some to the very nice Vietnamese Auntie who sells me all the raw ingredients I need.

It's rich, it's sweet, it's also very good when your mouth is itchy, and chips just don't do it for you. Y'noe, sometimes, your mouth just wants to feel someon.. I mean something else inside.

*smiles encouragingly*

The recipe stems two generations back, I think. I don't know how, but it got passed down all the way to me. And as such, since I'm sworn to uhh... the secrecy of the legacy (those two words BELONG together), here's a good site that offers a very similar version of what I've made.

Click me!

I don't know who this woman is, but it looks like she made pretty damn good kueh.

Luckily enough, my friends like the kueh. If they like it and aren't complaining, then I'm happy too.

Now it's time to find more things to tantalise their buds with.

No comments:

Post a Comment